What is The Battle of Ideas?
The Battle of Ideas is the event that Ninja Marketing and Ninja Academy organize for innovators and startuppers, with free workshops and a rap-themed pitch competition! This year, the BattleMI powered by Quag is the main event of the GEC, the Global Entrepeneurship Congress, promoted by the Kauffman Foundation and organized in Milan by the META Group.
What is the GEC?
THe Global Entrepreneurship Congress is a free and international event on innovative entrepreneurship. It will take place from March 16th to the 19th: three days with global speakers and more than 200 investors ready to place their bets on the most promising startups. What are the most effective ways to launch and develop new businesses and new entrepreneurs? The congress will attempt to answer this question by making government representatives, policy makers, researchers and analysts meet. The program at the Mi. Co. will start on Monday the 16th with a closed doors day-long event. Tuesday the 17th will host the opening ceremony with Jonathan Ortmans, GEC chairman, and the parallel seminars’ track will start.
Do you want to apply to the Battle and pitch your ideas to more than 200 investors from 150 countries?
We’ll select – together with the Kauffman Foundation – 12 international startups that will face each other in a knockout challenge fought with rap-themed pitches.
The winner takes home useful tools provided by our partners to help develop the startup.
From March 17th to the 19th, Ninja Academy has organized for all registered attendees a series of free workshops on the topic of innovative entrepreneurship. Digital experts will help you discover the secrets of successful startups, from tools to launch strategies, from marketing to the most scalable IT infrastructures.
|March 17||March 18||March 19|
|10.00-10.45||#NinjaPower for Startups|
Marketing hacks for launching a new business
(Mirko Pallera, Alberto Maestri, Francesco Gavatorta, Adele Savarese, Andrea Fontana, Tommaso Sorchiotti)
|Investor Readiness for Startups|
(Dario Mazzella, Umberto De Feo, Andrea Di Anselmo)
|Video Marketing 101 for Entrepreneurs
|11.00-11.45||How to use Social Media to launch your startup (and engage influencers)|
|The Road to the BattleMI: lastminute pitch tips with the Ninja Mentors (Adele Savarese, Nunzia Falco Simeone, Massimo Sommella, Fabio Casciabanca)||It's always sunny for businesses on the cloud
(Roberto Andreoli, Jessica Tibaldi)
|12.00-12.45||In search of the next Unicorn: digital health startups
(Roberto Ascione) Razorfish Healthware
|14.00-14.45||How to launch a tech startup without leaving the stove on|
|15.00-15.45||Startup Wonderland: what your startup needs to thrive|
(Daniele Pagani, Jessica Tibaldi)
|16.00-16.45||From Growth Hacking to SEO: Inbound Marketing techniques for Startups
(Fabio Di Gaetano)
|17.00-17.45||Mind the Brand. How to create consistent and meaningful experiences through UX/UI Design
(Federica Pecoraro, Matteo Botto)
- PVFamily, la soluzione per monitorare le prestazioni degli impianti fotovoltaici residenziali e gli incentivi statali ricevuti;
- Breading, la piattaforma che riduce gli sprechi del food connettendo panetterie ed ONG;
- Ethanks, la piattaforma che trasforma il ringraziamento in un’attività di fidelizzazione per le aziende;
- ConceptKicker, un ecommerce che trasforma l’arte 2D in stampe 3D ;
- Breezometer, l’app che rende visibile la qualità dell’aria intorno a noi;
- Albertine, fashion startup di scarpe con tacco e plateau intercambiabili;
- Meritocracy, la piattaforma di employer branding;
- Collabobeat, una piattaforma di collaborazione medico-paziente;
- Quomi, una food delivery startup per la consegna di ingredienti italiani a domicilio;
- iGoOn, l’app per l’autostop digitale;
- Awhy, la chat per l’assistenza clienti online proattiva.;
- Fashtags, una vetrina virtuale per esportare il Made In italy in Asia e nei mercati emergenti del mondo.
Kris Grove, the bubbling host of Radio 105, returns as the MC of The Battle of Ideas. She’ll set the rhythm of the pitch challenges along with rap artists and DJs!
Esa, Rapper and hip hop fanatic of the OTIERRE group of the 90s, popular for the teen love theme “Quando meno te l’aspetti” (CenturyVox/SONY). With the band Esa reveals himself as a creative hip hop author and producer, contributing to the legendary Italian rap years in terms of language and rhythm.
Dj Daf.Tee enters the Italian hip hop scene in the 90s by founding the crew CIK with Marv and Seamone. He moved to London and Tenerife, but after many years abroad he returned to Milan, where he began collaborating with many artists of the scene: Esa, Blo / B, Ill Beria, EasyOne, Bg’s Team, The Anti Honest, Dj Noko , RASTEA, VestO’. Now Dj Daf.Tee is engaged in numerous projects and is constantly working to pursue his passion for this culture.
We will dance with the talents of Natural Force crew that will animate the battle. Melo, Bboy Cirino, Peppe Speed and Bboy AirOne are professionals breakers and they participate in television shows, commercials and music videos.
Nerone starts rapping at the age of 12 and crushes the first stages at 18 years old. In 2014 he won the third edition of the MTV Spit. After the EP entitled “Number Zero EP”, he has recently published another EP, 100k.
- Ninja Academy: Digital Marketing Training
- OVH: Web Hosting
- Microsoft: Workshop in Microsoft Italia’s HQ
- Argoserv: Consulenza in Seo Strategy
- PrestaShop: PrestaShop Starter Kit
- Argoserv: Free consultancy in SEO Strategy
- MailUP: Premium Email Marketing Platform
- Viralbeat: Free Social Media Marketing consultancy
- Talent Garden: 3 month Co-working space for 3 team members
- Direzione Ostinata: Professional Photobook for the team
- Elatos: ERP system
- I’M IN: Custimized gadgets and business cards for the whole team
- Red Bull: A pair of wings to your ideas
Quag is the social network where you can interact with people you don’t know using common interests as the starting point, and where you can build your own network of contacts with the people you feel most in tune with.
The project has been online since March 2013 and is developed in Italy by an Italian team.
On Quag, discussions are based on things that matter the most. People share posts, videos and links, ask opinions and advice, and talk about their feelings.
Unlike other social networks, Quag is intrinsically structured to collect and analyze signs of affinity between people who don’t know each other, allowing them to get in touch and create their own network of connections.
The Quag logo was inspired by an Inuit ideogram and depicts a circle which encloses another circle. It represents the idea of an island inhabited by people with the same interests.
The previous edition
MiCo Milano Congressi
Piazzale Carlo Magno Milano • micomilano.it • 02 4997 7134